Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Horrors of Victorian Apartments.

Falling asleep last night, having just watched Death to Smoochy with Sarah and Gene, I started thinking about this idea I had….Ages ago. About a screen play I had thought about writing. Mind you I was 16 at the time. I would have had no idea what I was doing. Not that I do now, but anyway. It started with someone (me, duh) waking up as the credits roll, getting ready for the day, showering, and brushing their teeth etc. Grabbing a skateboard having a shot from behind of this person running out the front door for something (school we’ll assume). Making it out the front door and immediately being shot dead. Next scene same person wakes up screaming in bed, covered in sweat wondering what just happened. Suffering from Night Terrors or something along those lines. It obviously never went anywhere but the ideas been in my head for something like 10 years. For some reason Death to Smoochy set it off, and I have no idea why.
Anyway, as I was falling asleep, I was thinking about Nicks apartment (her ex has this cool apartment on 13th and Belmont that is all sketchy and Victorian and weird) and how it would be neat to stage some sort of short story there, and the two ideas warped into one idea about a guy being left by a girl (for whatever reason, I didn’t think too hard about that part) and having this dream, then shaking it off. Going about the rest of his day, this time on his way to work somewhere in a Downtown setting. Riding the bus and getting into an accident. Then everything spirals from there. We’ll see if it happens or if I leave it the way it is.
Well that is the idea, this one is done, even though it has nothing to do with anything else I am doing, writing is writing. Hopefully it’s a good omen and more things will get finished.

No comments: